VALOR CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
What is consistent among all good Christian schools is that we are all called to raise children up to know their God, and to learn to reflect the love of Christ to the world. In addition to offering a high-quality education to equip children to become contributors to society, Christian schools seek to teach students from a Biblical world view. For more on that, please go to www.acsi.org and click on About - Why ACSI schools.
God has shown us that HE wants to teach the children. Valor is HIS school and each child is His. He wants to be spiritually present through the power of the Holy Spirit. We invite the Holy Spirit in at the start of each day through active and heartfelt worship.
We believe that children do not need to wait until adulthood to make a difference in His kingdom on earth. Children are filled with the same Holy Spirit as adults, and as such, have access to both the fruits and the gifts that are the Spirit's to pour out. We encourage the children throughout the day to keep the ears and eyes of their heart tuned to Him, and we are teaching them what it means to hear God's voice.
God has told us that He will reveal to us what He wants to share with the children each day, and this is what we are experiencing. He is showing us the individual gifts and abilities of each child while shining a light on the calling He has placed on their precious life.
Our excellent staff and teachers are open to the move of the Spirit, and their commitment is to serve God throughout the school day. Jesus is the greatest teacher that ever lived. We believe that He is alive and He is with us, on staff at Valor. He desires to teach math, and phonics, and science and every other earthly subject - but He also wants to teach each Valor child about the plans that He has for them, and the gifts that He gave to them for His purposes.
For more about Valor's commission, please read, study, and ask God to reveal His will to you in these scriptures:
Matthew 18:2-5, Luke 10:21, 1st Corinthians 12:3-11, 2nd Corinthians 5:5-20, Ephesians 4
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), His Resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4), His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life, and that they are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 2:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).